Episcopal Youth Event 2014
Four from San Diego (three youth delegates and chaperone Susan Hulbert) are at the triennial Episcopal Youth Event, held this year at Villanova University campus in suburban Philadelphia.
They’ll join youth delegates from 78 of the 109 diocese of the Episcopal Church, and bishops, clergy and lay leaders, for three days of intense fellowship, worship, prayer, and action.
Susan Hulbert is sharing her impressions this week on Twitter @BooksRockCal #eyeedsd14.
Workshop sessions include:
- Grill the Presiding Bishop
- Christian Tai Chi
- Camp leaders round table
- God’s Call After High School
- Indigenous instruments, chants and dances
- New Beginnings
- Praying in Color
- Sharing Faith Stories
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Water Everywhere or not?
- Intentional Community and discipleship
- Youth-led Ministry
Here are some of the tech venues available so one can follow along:
- Mobile apps for iPhone or iPad and Android on iTunes and at the Google Play Store
- Viewed as a webpage with a updating stream of images and texts posted with the identifier #EYE14 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
EYE Live Streaming Video include:
- Opening Eucharist – Thursday, July 10 at y:30 a.m. PST; the Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers, Canon for Missional Vitality, Diocese of Long Island preaching and President of the House Of Deputies the Rev. Gay Clark Jennings presiding
- Plenary – Thursday, July 10 at 5:30 p.m. PST; the EYE14 Mission Planning Team
- Evening Prayer – Friday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m. PST(approximate); Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori preaching and officiating
- Morning Plenary – Saturday, July 12 at 8:30 a.m. PST; the Rev. Becca Stevens, founder of Magdalene and Thistle Farms.
- Closing Eucharist – Saturday, July 12 at 7 p.m. PST; Bishop Michael Curry of the Diocese of North Carolina preaching and Presiding Bishop Jefferts Schori presiding.