- This event has passed.
Setting Up a Planned Giving Program for Your Parish
June 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Workshop: Setting Up a Planned Giving Program for Your Parish
Take the mystery out of planned giving for your parish. Learn in easy-to-understand terms how planned giving differs from annual stewardship and capital campaigns, and how your parish can build endowments through estate allocations, life income, and other gifts. After a review of the planned giving instruments, you will learn about the importance of a parish vision, protecting and growing your endowment, and how to invite others to remember your parish through estate and financial planning. You will leave the workshop with a plan of action.
- Location: We will meet in the Cathedral’s new building at 525 Olive Street in the Guild Room.
- Parking: Limited onsite parking is available at 525 Olive Street between 5th and 6th, metered street parking, and free parking in Balboa Park accessible at 6th and Upas.
- Getting to the Guild Room: From parking underground, take the elevator to 1 and exit the lobby. The Guild Room will be to the left, connected by a glass door. From the street, 5th Avenue has a gate between the Great Hall (Old Building) and 525 Olive (New Building). Head down the ramp and you will end up at the Guild Room.
- Breaks: We will take a break from approximately 10:20 to 10:30am. For break amenities, there are three bathrooms and a water bottle fountain, plus refreshments in the pre-function area.
- Food & Beverages: Light refreshments will be provided.
- Materials: Printed materials from ECF will be available as well as pen and paper for note-taking.
- Masking: Masks are highly encouraged. Our presenter, James Murphy will not be masked while presenting, though he will be physically distanced from the group. When speaking one-on-one with participants, he will be masked. Those who are uncomfortable demasking for food or drink are welcome to use the Dean’s Courtyard, immediately outside the Guild Room.
- Online Participation: Contact Canon Jason Evans at email@example.com.
This workshop will be led by James Murphy, Program Director for Endowment Management, Planned Giving and Donor Solutions at the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF). Jim is Managing Program Director for Endowment Management, Planned Giving and Donor Solutions at the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF). He oversees ECF’s financial resources programs: planned giving, endowment management and donor solutions, including ECF’s Donor-advised Fund program. He works with congregations, dioceses, and other Episcopal organizations to enhance and develop their programs and resources. Jim holds a Certificate in Fundraising from New York University’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies, MA in Christian Spirituality from General Theological Seminary, and BS from NYU’s Stern School of Business. Jim is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and is a Certified Fund Raising Executive. For more info on ECF’s Planned Giving tools click HERE.