Saturday, February 2
St. Bartholomew’s, 16275 Pomerado Road, Poway (MAP)
On the day of the convention, check-in opens at 8 a.m. and the Eucharist and business sessions begin at 9 a.m.
There is no cost to attend the special electing convention. Pre-registration is required for planning purposes. Lunch is included.
Space limitations in the St. Bartholomew’s sanctuary mean that seating for visitors is exceedingly limited. We may need to limit the number of visitors because of space considerations. Thank you for your understanding.
Childcare will be available from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. It is free. Please bring lunch and drinks for your children. Also, we ask you to register in advance by contacting Alyson Terry, 619-481-5455.
(Times are approximate and subject to change)
8 a.m. Check-in opens
8:45 a.m. Check-in closes
9 a.m. Eucharist
10:15 a.m. First Ballot (approximately)
12 p.m. Lunch
4:30 p.m. Conclusion
Practice Online Voting
Please take a moment to practice voting online with your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to: dioconsd.com
- Type in any four digit code. On Saturday, you will need to enter your unique voting ID which will be printed on the back of your name badge. For now, you can enter any four digits.
- Make your selection.
- Hit “Submit.” Only hit “Submit” once.
If you have any trouble, contact Hannah Wilder: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our Candidates
- Bring your charged cell phone, tablet or laptop, and chargers for this paperless convention.
- Be prepared for rain! Forecasts predict a 90% chance.
- Be green. Carpool. Bring your coffee mug and water bottle.
- As you pick up your name badge, please be cognizant of the people behind you and move quickly into the sanctuary to find your seat. A bottleneck in the foyer will result in people waiting outside in the wind and rain.
- You will not receive a packet at registration. Online voting ambassadors will be available to assist you as soon as you find your seat in the sanctuary.
- Bring your church banner, and banner stand. Be prepared to process in the Eucharist at 9 a.m.
- When you arrive at St. Bart’s, check-in on social media. Let people know you’re experiencing this historic electing convention using #ElectConSD
- Come prepared, having read all the candidate information here.
- Watch the candidate slideshows here.
If you have questions, feel free to call or text Communications Director Hannah Wilder: 619-200-5036.
Our 45th Diocesan Convention took place November 9 and 10 at St. Dunstan’s.
Secretary of Convention:
Mr. Darryl Peralta, Good Shepherd, Bonita
Mr. John Will, St. Paul’s Cathedral, San Diego
The Rev. Anne Bridgers, Christ Church, Coronado
Ms. Mary Ann Eckman, St. Margaret’s, Palm Desert
The Rev. Janine Schenone, Good Samaritan, UTC
Mr. David Tremaine, St. Paul’s Cathedral, San Diego
Ms. Chikako Tsukado, All Saints’, Vista
The Rev. Brenda Sol, St. Andrew’s, Encinitas
Mr. Stephen Turnbull, St. David’s, San Diego
- Photos from Susan Forsburg
- Photos from Dave Cowles
- Photos from Richard Schori
- Photos and Videos from Hannah Wilder
THE CONVENTION BOOK: