Who is required to take this training?
For a comprehensive list, click here.
- All Employees
- Youth group directors
- Sunday school directors
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors and anyone going into someone’s home in any role related to the church
- Worship leaders
- All Volunteers
How often does this training need to be renewed?
Safeguarding God’s People training is required by the Episcopal Church every five years. In 2019 California initiated a form of sexual harassment training which will be required biannually effective December 31, 2020. Praesidium, who manages our Safeguarding God’s People curriculum, has developed a training tool that complies with the California state employment law to assist with compliance of this new requirement. While the California requirement is biannual, the church still requires the Safeguarding God’s People training be renewed every five years. We encourage all our churches to have their employees and volunteers complete the new sexual harassment training by December 31, 2019. Once you have completed the training you are asked to notify your congregation administrator who will then notify the Diocesan Registrar, Alyson Terry.
If you are unsure about your renewal date, please contact Registrar Alyson Terry, 619-481-5455. We are pleased to offer this important training online at no cost.
New Users – To Enroll
- Go to https://www.praesidiumacademy.com/redeem
- Fill in your contact information including First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and desired Password.
- Enter the appropriate registration code for your organization (click here to find yours).
- Click Validate to confirm registration code.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Redeem.
- Write down your user login and password for future reference.
- Answer the Registration Questions about your status and role within the organization.
- Click Save & Continue.
- To begin taking training immediately, scroll down and click a course to start the content
or click HERE to sign in.
- To begin taking training or pick up where you left off – click HERE to sign in.