Fearless Love Multicultural Focus Grant Criteria
This grant session will focus on the following:
Evangelism – Reconciliation
Following Jesus’ way of creating loving, liberating, and life-giving relationships with God, each other, and all creation. Applications will be accepted May 1 through June 15 for the 2020 grant cycle. Awards will occur in the first quarter of 2020. For questions or clarification, please contact the Rev. Canon Nancy Holland, 619-482-5452.
Priority will be given to innovative multicultural ministry ideas around:
- Partnering with other churches in a mission area or in the diocese
- Nurturing/energizing diverse congregations
- Raising up young people and young adults
- Forming disciples of all ages
- Enhancing spiritual vitality
- Engaging the church in its neighborhood
- Creating new church communities in underserved areas
- Reimagine church boldly
The diocese will accept:
- grant applications for start-up costs for a new multicultural ministry, not for the continuation of an ongoing ministry unless there is a definite new direction added to the existing program; or
- grant applications for seed money for start-up positions, either full- or part-time for a new ministry.
A Fearless Love Multicultural Focus grant applicant must:
- spend grant money within one year of receipt of the grant;
- return the final report of the funds within one year of receipt of the grant;
- show a connection with The Episcopal Church; and
- show financial or in-kind support.
EDSD will NOT fund:
- project site/programs for two consecutive years;
- capital campaigns or debt reductions;
- deferred maintenance (repairs or upgrades to the physical plant or facility must be tied to the specific ministry or project of the current application);
- operational budgets (meaning the proposed budget and program is the same as the year before);
- debts obligated or incurred before the date of the grant award;
- maintenance or printing of marketing materials, or a website; however, the initial development/creation of materials, videos, or a website can be funded;
- fees of architects or engineers, insurance of any kind, shipping costs,
- contingency funds or overhead costs;
- rent or leasing of any kind;
- modifications or construction of property; previously funded requests;
- incomplete grants applications;
- emergency response requests; or
- a vehicle with a 12 or 15 passenger chassis (due to stability and insurance matters);
- any vehicles that are not the property of a church or diocese of The Episcopal Church.
Please note – any grant application submitted that is not within the criteria guidelines will not be considered.