Fearless Love grants provide start-up money for new, innovative ministry ideas in congregations.
Applications will be accepted May 1 – June 15 for the 2020 grant cycle. Awards will occur in the first quarter of 2020. For questions or clarifications, please contact the Rev. Canon Nancy Holland, 619-481-5452.
Priority consideration goes to innovative ministry ideas meeting one or more of the following specifications:
- Engage in active digital evangelism: five $1,000 grants to purchase a smart TV, stand, and one-year Internet service to rural, small churches with less than 50 Average Sunday Attendance (ASA)
- Reach and connect with college students and college campuses, young adults
- Partner with other churches in a mission area or in the diocese
- Energize diverse congregations
- Connect the church with its neighborhood
- Plant new church communities in under-served areas
- Reimagine church boldly
- Strengthen the relationship between churches and their church day schools
All applicants will be expected to engage in the Church Assessment Tool* before January 1, 2019, unless you have completed one in the last three years. For more information, please go to: https://holycowconsulting.com/.
Please have available the following information upon request:
- 2020 Preliminary Budget and 2019 Income Statement (through June 30, 2019)
- 2019 Balance Sheet through June 30, 2019
- Most recent completed Mutual Ministry Review or Holy Cow Vital Signs
- 2018 Annual Report