We encourage all employee/volunteer categories to complete all modules of the Safeguarding God’s People online training. To see which positions fall into which category, click HERE to view complete list.
Safeguarding God’s People teaches how exploitation and harassment occur, the awareness we need to prevent such occurrences, and – should exploitation or harassment occur – how to respond.
Who is required to take this training?
- All Employees
- Youth group directors
- Sunday school directors
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors and anyone going into someone’s home in any role related to the church
- Worship leaders
- All Volunteers
How often does this training need to be renewed?
Safeguarding God’s People training is required by the Episcopal Church every five years. In 2019 California initiated a form of sexual harassment training which will be required biannually effective December 31, 2019. Praesidium, who manages our Safeguarding God’s People curriculum, has developed a training tool that complies with the California state employment law to assist with compliance of this new requirement. While the California requirement is biannual, the church still requires the Safeguarding God’s People training be renewed every five years. We are encouraging all of our churches to have their employees and volunteers complete the new sexual harassment training by October 31, 2019.
If you are unsure about your renewal date, please contact Registrar Alyson Terry, 619-481-5455. We are pleased to offer this important training online at no cost.
- Go to the enrollment website
- Enter the registration code: edsd619
- Be sure to select “Employee” as your Classification even if you are a volunteer. This ensures that all of the modules you need to take will appear on the next screen.
- Fill out the form and click the link to enroll. Be sure to select the correct parish or location in the organization drop down.
- Print the page or write down your user login and password for future reference.
- To begin taking training immediately, click the first link or follow the instructions to the right to login later.
To Begin Training
- Go to SafeguardingOnline.org
- Enter your user login and password.
- Click on the title of the course to begin.